Monday, June 8, 2009

Got Faith?

Got passport? Check
Got money? Check
Got shots? Check
Got airline tickets? Check
Got Faith? Double check!
Taking one mission trip satisfies the appetite of just the adventurous soul, the person who just wants to see what's going on, maybe take a safari while there. But going back, asking God what He wants to do this time, excites me. I went last time not sure of what to expect but knowing I was being led by God to go. I fasted lunch every day while I was there, not being able to eat while others had none, feeling that empty feeling inside for such a short time, while they felt it all the time. One day while praying with Bita Adair over the women, I was so overwhelmed by their pain I was feeling, I stepped outside and began to weep. I cried out to God, "I can't do this, it's too hard." He gently reminded me, "It's not about you my child, they need Me and you are My instrument". My tears promptly stopped at the gentle urging of my Father, I walked back in the thatched roof hut with the dirt floot and continued to pray over women whom had never been prayed over in their entire lives. We watched healing that day, grandmothers coming to know Christ, evil leaving the bodies of women as Christ came in, God gained ground that day and it was good. Africa is not for the faint of heart, there is alot of pain and suffering. But never will you see the light of God shine from someone's eyes the way it does there. A child who has no parents, no food, no shelter but sings at the top of their lungs of Jesus. Jesus is hope. The people of Africa "Got Real Faith!"

No comments:

Post a Comment