Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's sinking in....

I've started to tell people I'm going, which is always interesting to see how they respond. Some look genuinely happy for me, some have that plastered smile like "better you than me" look, others look worried like I'm going to die going there- oh ye of such little faith :) Besides, if it's my time, it's my time-that's my feeling. All these responses do nothing but strengthen my resolve at what God wants me to do in Africa. If I walked around doing what people told me to do or thought I should do-I wouldn't be me, now would I? I'm excited that I know what to expect and how to pack, yea! I'm excited I get to go with someone I respect and have a growing friendship with. I'm grateful for a husband who understands that to love me is to allow me to follow my heart with God. I'm grateful for family and friends who support and surround my family while I'm gone. And I'm especially grateful for an almighty God who continues to provide the funds for this trip without taking anything away from my family. Thank you Lord, let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment